Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tina, Paintings

Image 1:
This image is about “Letting Go.” I read a book about Visualization (forgot the name of the book and can’t find it in my library). It guided the reader to visualize “letting go” in real actions, i.e.: color your attachments and put them in bags. Then go to the ocean and put all the bags in a small boat, and let the boat float away with all your attachments. Well, the visualization worked on me. I could actually see myself packing my attachments in bags, and I could feel myself on the beach smelling the ocean breeze.I put the bags on the boat and watch the boat floats away.  Because the vision was so vivid, I decided to paint it. 

Letting Go of Attachments




Images 2 & 3:
I took a workshop from Donna Dewberry, the artist who founded the One-Stroke painting technique. It was fun, and I learned to work with my brush. It also inspired me to do porcelain decorative painting. But I never follow up with this inspiration; instead, I put away my brushes and the paintings. Hm… Lost opportunity? This afternoon, I was looking for images to upload onto this Blog and found these paintings. I thought I put it up just to see if people still remember Donna Dewberry and her invention and contribution to contemporary arts and crafts.

Bouquet

Round bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment